We will transfer Finnair’s cargo operations from our old cargo terminal (address: Rahtitie 1) to the new COOL Nordic Cargo Hub (address: Turbiinitie 4).
For arrival instructions to COOL please see attached map .
The cutover time is 5am on 8 January so please take a note of the following timelines. (Note! Normal acceptance time limits apply.)
- Export shipments are accepted for transport at old terminal until 7 January inclusive: Export shipments brought to us latest on Sunday 7 January should be be brought to the old terminal.
- From 5am on 8 January export shipments out of Helsinki must be brought to COOL (the new cargo terminal). At gate, driver needs to enter the vehicle’s registration number and press enter for the gate to open.
- Shipments arriving on flights landing at Helsinki Airport before 5am on 8 January should be collected from the old terminal. Note! All import shipments arrived in the old terminal need to be collected from there before 14 January as from that date there will not be any Finnair Cargo operations in the old terminal.
- Import shipments arriving on flights landing at Helsinki Airport after 5am on 8 January are to be collected from COOL.
- During the first weeks there will be assistance at COOL’s truck gates from 7am to 7pm on weekdays to help drivers with the gate registration.
- If the entry gate does not show any door number, the driver should go to the Customer Service.
Note also! Cash payments are not accepted as payment method anymore. Debit and credit cards (excluding AMEX and Diners) will be accepted normally.
Temporary cargo restrictions
To ensure a controlled transition period we are adjusting our cargo service offering as follows.
LIVE ANIMALS (AVI) EMBARGO AND NO QUICK DELIVERIES (QDL)
From 8 January we will place a temporary embargo on live animal shipments until further notice.
Quick deliveries are not available from 8 January until further notice.
These measures are taken to ensure that we can initiate operations in the new terminal as smoothly as possible.
In case you have any questions please contact our Contact Center or Finnair Cargo Sales.